Thursday, July 20, 2017

A time for everything

If any of you have ever bought a piece of property, a new house or even renting a new apartment, I am sure you know what it's like to move in to someone else's space. It’s been six weeks since we moved in full time and it has been a busy time on the farm. Frankly, some days I feel like my back is sending me messages that “I am too old for this” farm life. I do let it get me down at times, (insert tears) and it’s not that I am too old, my body is damaged. Fibromyalgia takes its toll as well as the arthritis in my hands and some days the pain is too much to bear. I finally figured out that it is just fine to take a break some days. As a yogini and a person who practises meditation, (albeit, not lately…more on that later), I have learned over the years that one must always take time to pause. The reality of it is, as humans we rarely do that. We have so much going on here at the farm, that I tend to get a wee overwhelmed with all that needs to be done. Taking a day or two or even three was out of the question, how can I possibly do that? (Flails)...


A very wise friend told me once that “It doesn’t all have to be done today” Seems simple enough yes? Well, I’ll tell you it’s a learned talent to relax and let the verse take control. I used to tell my students this in every class…perhaps it’s time to listen to my inner yogi, though she seems to be on an extended leave of absence these days. It’s time to reconnect with her now!

 In about 5 to 7 weeks we will be starting our renovation. ALL the major things are getting done, roof, floors, kitchen and painting the outside of the house (which we are doing ourselves). Can you feel me? All the people, all the noise and all the chaos will begin at the same time. For a HSP like me….this will be a true test of my coping skills. I must remember to simply pause, breathe and be aware. I live in one of the most beautiful areas in this state and am surrounded by peace and beauty (except for the annoying biting insects) that taking time for a walk in nature, and spending some quiet time alone to just breathe should be top on my to do list! It is time now!

My truth: I am suffering from what I can only ascertain as a type of situational depression. I find myself irritable, emotional, fatigued and downright craptastic. You would think when you finally get everything that you have ever wanted, you would be deliriously happy all the days….well…that’s a myth. Yes, it sucks and without a big support system in place, (except my poor husband, bless him) I seem to have found my own private hell inside my head. All the crying, all the physical pain has just been exacerbated tenfold over the last couple of weeks, trying to quit smoking on top of everything isn’t helping either…

Have no fear…I will survive this too. I have survived worse in my life. Just because one is older and wiser does not guarantee a smooth ride through even the simplest of times. This morning I decided to elevate my level of awareness as to what I am feeling instead of numbing myself to the negative. It’s time to get back to the mat…breathe…reconnect with me. I’m not saying this will be easy or that I’m even looking forward to it…it is what it is. Showing up is half the battle.
I wake up to this every day
It's time to show up



No comments:

Post a Comment