Saturday, June 24, 2017

It's what's for dinner~



Yesterday was surprisingly cold and rainy, a really nice break from the 95+ degree heat. Certainly makes chores a wee bit more tolerable, I do NOT handle the heat well, being a woman of a certain age. So in celebration of our upcoming vistors I decided to warm up the house with some amazing pork green chile! Wait you say...."Is this a cooking blog?" Maybe somedays you will find little tidbits of my culinary prowess come through, so be prepared *wink wink

Woke up to a below 50 degree temp and some fog~

Not sure I love this fountain, but it looked cool through the dewey trees
 Every time I see fog in Colorado, I am reminded of the ocean. I remember those wonderful, curl under a blanket with a cup of tea, kind of mornings all through the month of June in the state of my birth, California. I've been in CO for almost 17 years...damn...time flies. It is my home now and it is just now starting to feel like it. Being at the end of the Trail is like coming home. I made it, I survived, I am content.
What lies beyond....No one knows


Since we are having guests this weekend, I decided to go all out and make Green Chile. I find I enjoy cooking more now that I am here. It's like when you're camping and everything just tastes better. Nothing is better than a hot bowl spicey deliciousness (or smoking a bowl, whatever floats you boat) after a hard days work on the ranch. You see, when you visit....there are keys you must have to enter the gate...5 gallons of drinking water and a willingness to pick up a paint brush, spade, rake...or even haul trash. We supply food and drink!





The Prep
The PIG
The Result and it is HOT HOT HOT!
Blessings to you all...until laters <3 br="">

No comments:

Post a Comment